Saturday 2 June 2012

Daily "Squeeee!"

Today, I got a letter from New York. Seeing that I life in Germany I don't usually get mail from New York so I was of course curious to see what it was.


Inside was this: 




A letter with the Penguin Group header, "signed" by Dutton Books and a signed bookplate from John Green!!!


You probably wonder now how I came to get this so below is what happened.

The backstory: 
Back in June 2011, John Green announced that he would sign every copy of the first print of his new book The Fault In Our Stars (which is supermegafoxawesome and Jeannie will actually write a real review about it now that she FINALLY read the damn book). (See video here) This means about 150,000 books to be signed until November. So of course everyone went and preordered and anxiously waited for the book release in early January of this year.


As a big John Green fan I, of course, went a head and preordered the book. Sadly, my copy arrived unsigned, as did a lot of other copies order from Amazon UK and Amazon DE. John Green did something amazing tho. After signing all the books he went ahead and send out signed bookplates for everyone that preordered but didn't get his signature.



So this is the very much uninteresting tale of how I came to get a letter from Dutton Books. If you have NOT read The Fault In Our Stars yet (or any other John Green book) WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? In case you are still not sure if you want to read it, here is a video of John Green reading the first chapter and also the second chapter.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea John Green had his own meme. I love it!

    ReplyDelete